Vitodens 100 Pressure drop.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, Symptoms indicating P.Vessel problem (rapid pressure rise when filling, drops to .4 bar in 24hrs). Am I right?, also steady drip from pressure relief pipe - worse when boiler running.
Can vessel be pressurised by myself (I'm pretty competent mechanically) Or do I need to send for the cavalry.
The reason being, I'm out of work at pres. and things are pretty tight.
Otherwise I dont mind the minor chore of topping up every morning, or is there a likelyhood of anything worse happening by leaving as is.
P.S. I've had some of the usual problems associated with the early 100's from week 1, and gather this is another common fault.
Glad of any advice, thanks Ian.

Sponsored Links
First time I have heard of that problem on a Viess.

Read the FAQ and you can check it and repressurise it yuorself.

BUT you must do it exactly as described ( apart from running 10 li out ).

Tony

Thanks Tony for the speedy reply.
I was' nt sure if it had to be only filled with nitrogen,rather than air from a pump.
Obviously something caused the problem in the first place, so is it usual to have to replace some kind of seal at the same time?
Also for the relief valve?

Charging of ev needs to be done with system pressure almost 0, any footpump or hand pump that fits will do.

Regular top ups lead to dilution of the inhibitor, so this needs topping up when the leaking prv is solved.

Sponsored Links
Thanks Bengaman,
Wonder why in Viess. manual they say fill with nitrogen? thats what was putting me off.
Ian.

If it does say that in the manual, better check first. I've never seen one.

Vaillant say their engineers use nitrogen.

Practically all normal engineers use air and most boiler makers are happy with that.

Ideally using nitrogen will lessen rusting of the air side of the EXV but thats never normally any problem anyway.

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back