Vitodens 200 Boiler help.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello everyone just a quick question to try save me some money in these hard times. My boiler is a Vitodens 200 and always seems to be doing a cycle. I have read up that if we have DHW on the boiler will always try to keep a pool of water warm so we can have instant hot water. Now that sounds good but every 5 mins or so I hear it going through a cycle. Even then if I want hot water from the tap it still takes a while to heat up so to me keeping it warm in the boiler is a waste of money.

Also I have woke up this morning and my radiators are luke warm even though I only have DHW selected. I can understand if the temps drop below freezing and frost protection comes on but today is mild so no reason for this to happen.

At the moment with the weather work is a bit slow will be for a few more weeks so as you can understand I would like to save as much as possible. Is their an easier way to stop all this than turning the gas off to the boiler and shutting it down every morning?

Seems to me boiler manufacturers are in it together with the energy companies.

Thank you

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back