Vitodens 333 problems

Just noticed that simond has a Viessmann background. Therefore, here more details in case it helps. I´ve set HW temperature to 46 C, boiler cut-off to 68 C, increased the circulation pump to 85% and set the heat xurve to 1.3. Everything works perfectly when HW is not drawn, all temperatures are where they should be, the circulation pump speed increase has even reduced the number of heating cycles. When I draw HW, the boiler shuts off when it should, but the boiler temperature keeps creeping up for about 20 seconds. When it peaks above 105, the fault F2 and the red light appears. I have managed to get going the last few weeks by gradually lowering the boiler cut-off point. When the red light does not appear (peak temperature remains under 100 C), the voiler starts and stops at very short intervals as the boiler temperature goes up very quickly.
Hope this helps!

Sponsored Links
Seppo wrote

but I see so much evidence in German forums

Can you provide a link to these forums or do I need to learn German first ?.

It's not limescale...it's the usual flakes from corrosion in the radiator circuit. As Tony said earlier you rarely if ever get genuine limecale problems in a plate heat exchanger (London water) although it may account for some problems in other areas of the ccountry.

Blockage on the primary side however, is very common due to poor installation (ie not cleaning and inhibiting a new system) or connecting to an old system full of debris.

Sponsored Links
It's not limescale...it's the usual flakes from corrosion in the radiator circuit. As Tony said earlier you rarely if ever get genuine limecale problems in a plate heat exchanger (London water) although it may account for some problems in other areas of the ccountry.

Blockage on the primary side however, is very common due to poor installation (ie not cleaning and inhibiting a new system) or connecting to an old system full of debris.

But it is a blocked HE, correct?
Now I need somebody to exchange/replace it; that was my original gripe....
When I find an engineer I will tell the forum, what the problem was.

seppo wrote

If you need translation,perhaps I can help

Can you translate the following which is an extract following the PHx pics ?.

.......................................................................................

BINGO ! Der Heizungsmann kam mit einem erfahreneren Kollegen zurück und habe heute morgen genau das Teil auf deinen Fotos ausgetauscht. Es war mit schwarzem Zeugs vollständig verschlammt! Wie Klärschlamm oder Ölwechsel nach 100.000 km mit dem selben Öl ;)

Da noch Garantie hat uns das ganze nix gekostet. Er konnte mir aber nicht genau sagen woher so eine Verschmutzung nach nur 6 Monaten Betrieb kommt,,,

Hast Du da eine Idee ,,,,?
,,,,,,,,,,es wäre ja schlimm wenn ich alle 6 Monate dieses Teil tauschen oder bestenfalls reinigen lassen muss.....

Grüsse
Dirk

......................................................................................................

seppo wrote

If you need translation,perhaps I can help

Can you translate the following which is an extract following the PHx pics ?.

.......................................................................................

BINGO ! Der Heizungsmann kam mit einem erfahreneren Kollegen zurück und habe heute morgen genau das Teil auf deinen Fotos ausgetauscht. Es war mit schwarzem Zeugs vollständig verschlammt! Wie Klärschlamm oder Ölwechsel nach 100.000 km mit dem selben Öl ;)

Da noch Garantie hat uns das ganze nix gekostet. Er konnte mir aber nicht genau sagen woher so eine Verschmutzung nach nur 6 Monaten Betrieb kommt,,,

Hast Du da eine Idee ,,,,?
,,,,,,,,,,es wäre ja schlimm wenn ich alle 6 Monate dieses Teil tauschen oder bestenfalls reinigen lassen muss.....

Grüsse
Dirk

......................................................................................................
BINGO: The heating man came back with an experienced colleague, they exchanged exactly that part you show in your pictures. It was stuffed with black gunk! Just like sewage sludge or oil after 100 000 kms.

As it was under warranty it did not cost a thing. He could not tell me how the system can be soiled so badly after 6 months of use,,,

Do you have a clue...?
... it would be a bummer it I have to change this part every 6 months or have it exchanged....

Regards
Dirk

Apologies for not having the correct colloquialisms, but it is late :)

The simple problem was eventually diagnosed badly and slowly by those Germans. I did like the bit "ist crap" !.

Your problem is nothing to do with lime scale. Its just normal metal oxides caused by a lack of water treatment.

This needs power flushing or other suitable water treatment.

Tony Glazier

The simple problem was eventually diagnosed badly and slowly by those Germans. I did like the bit "ist rubbish" !.

Your problem is nothing to do with lime scale. Its just normal metal oxides caused by a lack of water treatment.

This needs power flushing or other suitable water treatment.

Tony Glazier
Ouch....... I have been searching for a solution a bit longer :( As discussed, I will let the forum know when a competent engineer is found and he/she will have rectified the fault. Thanks for all the comments.

Managed to get Therm Heating to come and open plate heat exchanger yesterday.
The inlet was blocked by small rice grain-sized particles. Plate heat exchanger needed a flushing and that was it.
One hour later we had a fully working Vitodens 333. Cheap and quick!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back