vivaro 1.9 will start then stop but not all the time HELP

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
i have a o6 vivaro it will start then stop after a few seconds . i can try this 3 or 4 times and it will start and drives fine . hot or cold makes no difference . sometimes starts fine but not very often . i have been told its the black plug in box just above the throttle pedal . any ideas thanks paul

Sponsored Links
i have a o6 vivaro it will start then stop after a few seconds . i can try this 3 or 4 times and it will start and drives fine . hot or cold makes no difference . sometimes starts fine but not very often . i have been told its the black plug in box just above the throttle pedal . any ideas thanks paul
i have also been told it could be the exhaust valve/solanoid close to the header tank on right hand side of the engine bay

I think that anyone who could confidently diagnose Vivaro faults would soon be very rich indeed, but I think the items you are referring to are the throttle position (transmitter, if you like on a drive by wire system) and the exhaust gas recirculation system (EGR).
Both of these are unlikely to stop the motor, but both of these are likely to illuminate a lamp on the dash which indicates a malfunction.
Usually the vehicle goes into limp home mode (reduction in power.)
Is the management lamp on?
John :)

Sponsored Links
try the peddle trick test to see if you have any faults.
accel and brake full down then turn ignition on but don't start it, the EML will flash any codes out ie 10,4,10,10 then Google p0400 which from mine i know is EGR

Or pick up a copy of OP-com, this does work on the vivaro use mine yesterday to remove the speed limiter

Back