vivaro wiper fuse blowing

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
my wipers have failed on my vivaro van,I've changed fuse but just keeps blowing.

Sponsored Links
You really need to determine if the wipers are actually free to move......corrosion can set in on the stems that pass through the bodywork - that's very common on rear installations.
Try disconnecting the motor at it's multi plug - the fuse should remain intact.
If you can disconnect the linkage so the motor is on its own - and the fuse still blows - it's a new motor I'm afraid.
John :)

checked motor that's ok tried another switch no change ,still blowing fuse?????help.

Disconnect the motor, turn the wipers on.
If the fuse blows then, there is a wiring fault between the switch and the motor.....usually where wires pass through the steel bulkhead.
The fuse needs to be the correct current rating.
Do the wipers have an automatic switch on setting, with a windscreen rain sensor?
Common faults with the motor is the self park mechanism failing, but you say you have tested the motor.
John :)

Sponsored Links
no rain sensor. motor works ok tried it across a battery, had them working for a while but blowing fuse again now. I'm at a loss now.

Do you think the motor is running at full speed Graham?
If it has mechanical resistance then it will be drawing maybe more current than the fuse can handle.
If it was mine, I’d temporarily fit a fuse with a greater rating.....but only for testing purposes!
It’s a pity you don’t have a replacement motor to try - I do think it is the culprit.
John

Back