vokara 24e combi

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
just fixed the heat exchanger on boiler it was leaking badly due to being fitted loose so took it off and refitted so leak is now sorted, further inspection i noted the water pump connections where weeping water so i have taken the pump of cleaned up the threads and hey presto the boiler is not leaking , the propane supplier sent over his pipe fitting gas man he came and connected up the gas supply and yes it fired up no problem--- only to cut out straight away- when i unplug the electrics then turn it back on it fires up again only to again shut down --< ive got the boiler set to 1.8 bar cold and the fan and pump are working fine

---heres the history of the boiler---
bearing in mind the boiler was sold to me due to the last guy changing over to natural gas, it came with all pipe fittings etc etc , so i have fitted the combi no problem --the only thing that didnt come from the sale is his thermostat to fit on the other cable so i joined up the two wires which alowed the boiler to power up ----is the reason for the boiler shutting down due to the fact that i did not fit the thermostat that was originally on the boiler or a new replacement ?? does the thermostat dictate that the flame says alight-? < also what voltage is coming from the thermostat cable is it run through a transformer in the main electric casing panel box.>

if not the thermostat would any body suggest where else i investigate, as i understand these boilers have a good plentiful range of spares available

cheers

Sponsored Links
flue goes straight through wall no problem also fan pushing air out of flue ok , the gas is propane and does fire up so there must be pressure for it to fire up,

could it be electrical fault pcb or thermostat etc as it is only firing up when on central heating and hot water demand button is turned but i get no fire up when turning the button for just hot water demand

flue goes straight through wall no problem also fan pushing air out of flue ok , the gas is propane and does fire up so there must be pressure for it to fire up,

could it be electrical fault pcb or thermostat etc as it is only firing up when on central heating and hot water demand button is turned but i get no fire up when turning the button for just hot water demand

Boiler is either not sensing the flame or the APS is faulty.

Are you Corgi registered?

BTW,when you fit an external control/programmer to Vokera boilers you have to have the switch set to constant.

Doubt it's anything to do with thermostat but why don't you connect the boiler up with just a plug and reinstate the two wires you joined?

Take this is a second hand boiler? Possible that the leak could have damaged the PCB.

Sponsored Links
i have plugged the boiler in joined up the two wires and the boiler fires up then flame goes out after 5 seconds , ok what is the best thing to try next

Mevrico, I take it Sine 18 did not work for you. Going by the progress you have made, LPG gas line you were seeking help on is in place. Where exactly does the Vokera fit in your DIY adventure?

Have not read any mishaps in Portugal that were LPG related, but then financial meltdowns banks are going through, a small mushroom cloud from a LPG tank would be well hidden in newspapers.

thanks for your help tony bhoy i reckon im on the right track as ive found a dry conection on the pcb- will let you know outcome !!

hi DP suprised you aint been kicked off site by what ive heard of what youve been up to in Scotland--yes you know

when the credit crunch does get so heavy you cant carry on ripping people off and do decide to kill yourself

dont put your head in a gas oven , put the gas oven in your gob

now go and f--ck yourself mushroom brain

dp = dense prick

Mevrico sorry to disappoint you but my oven is electric. Since you are a man of experience (repairing boilers and installing gas lines), can you tell me how to fit a gas oven?

thanks , for directions regarding pcb fault tony bouy , boiler fired up this morning,

before firing up the boiler i disconnected the thermostat lead from the electric panel and put a loop on 1 and 2 then 4 and five connectors, as i use the boiler mostly for hot water and only need central heating on for a few hours in evenings <jan feb >i can do without the room stat

i use a local propane supplier to fix the gas line and pressure test but unfortunatly no corgi lads out here in the sunshine so you have been a great help, ive got nice hot water to shower this morning.

once again thanks

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back