Vokera 24 pressure switch bypass anomaly.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Guys,

I'm not a gas fitter.
Not trying to repair this myself. The guy is coming out again today. I just like to be informed and it's starting to annoy me.

My Vokera stopped firing up. 2 Guys came out three times. First 2 times a young lad then a more experienced guy. Diagnosed as pressure swith issue. He bypassed the p/s and the boiler worked fine. The fact that bypassing the switch makes the boiler work - logically - points to a switch problem.

The p/s was replaced and I now have the same problem. The new p/s is not the same as the one that was in the boiler originally. The original was white the new one is black and there is some play in the new one when when you touch it as though it's not quite meant to fit there. Checked the part online and it does say it's meant for my boiler but it seems cheaply made compared too the original white version.
Can a faulty main board somehow cause this same anomaly, causing the p/s to malfunction or is the new part possibly faulty ?

In short, the boiler fires and continues to work just fine when pressure switch is bypassed but only works for 5 to 10 mins and then goes off when the pressure switch is connected.

Would be grateful for any insight.

Sponsored Links
Dream on fella. What with rude comments you make, only an idiot would help you.
Good luck

Last edited:
Rude comments? No offence was meant in any way. Which comments were rude?

which Vokera ? there are loads of them, maybe the pressure switch is doing its job and you actually have a pressure/flow problem

Sponsored Links
The guy that fitted the part expressed some doubt about the part which is why I did an Internet search on it.

Sorry, was emptying boiler cupboard. An air pressure switch. The image below is of the switch that was replaced.

Attachments

• 20160703_095903_resized.jpg
    20160703_095903_resized.jpg
    67.6 KB · Views: 122
The image below is the new pressure switch.

Attachments

• 10028141-Vokera-Water-Pressure-Switch-big.jpg
    10028141-Vokera-Water-Pressure-Switch-big.jpg
    6.2 KB · Views: 135
No they are both LOW WATER CONTENTS SWITCHES and are interchangeable, it sounds like you have either really dirty system water which is blocking the very small orifice to the switch or you have a pump problem which might be sticking would be unusual to get two of these switches faulty a very easy test with a multi meter when the boiler faults

Sorry guys the gas fitter is here now. If anyone is still curious as to whats going I'll get back to this when he's done.

ianmcd thanks for that. Right now the guy thinks it's either the ignition switch or main board. He's off to see what he has in the van.

ianmcd thanks for that. Right now the guy thinks it's either the ignition switch or main board. He's off to see what he has in the van.
Doesnt have an ignition switch I think you mean Ignition control PCB if it is locking out intermittently then it is likely to be this, but by-passing the low water contents switch would have absolutely no effect on this , this is not hard boiler to fault find on

Intermittent fault. Sometimes power not being sent to the fan so the boiler won't fire up. Diagnosis is a fault with the main board. Many thanks to the guys that replied.

Dan, If you read the whole thread that you referred to you'll find that I was perfectly civil until someone tried to get wide for no reason. I shot him down and won't apologise for that.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back