Vokera 24 pressure switch bypass anomaly.

Ian, sorry,yes ignition pcb. I think he was saying that the fan gets it's power from the main board and as the fan is only working intermittently then the main board must be at fault.

When the low water contents switch was bypassed the boiler worked flawlessly until the switch was replaced. Are you saying that if the problem is with the main board then I should still experience the same issue, even with the bypass?

Sponsored Links
Ian, sorry,yes ignition pcb. I think he was saying that the fan gets it's power from the main board and as the fan is only working intermittently then the main board must be at fault.

When the low water contents switch was bypassed the boiler worked flawlessly until the switch was replaced. Are you saying that if the problem is with the main board then I should still experience the same issue, even with the bypass?
yes if the main board is faulty then by/passing the low water content switch would have no effect whatsoever, either it has just been a coincidence that it worked with the low water contents switch by-passed or you still have a problem somewhere, by the way the engineer should never leave any safety switch by-passed when he /she is not still on site

He's put it through as a main board issue so we'll see what happens when it's fitted on Wednesday.

The lad that initially came out left the bypass and made no mention of it not being good practice. To be fair I would have let him do it anyway as I felt it was safe as a very temporary fix.
The more experienced guy did say today that it should not be left like that but I told him I was happy that it was safe enough. When he left today he did not leave it bypassed.

I've had a few guys out over the past 10 years and only one of them seemed to have the knowledge required to troubleshoot the system with confidence. Lots of phrases like; that's weird, that's odd, don't know why it's doing that. It's frustrating. I just mentioned that because you say it should be an easy boiler to diagnose but in my experience it's been anything but that.

Anyway, a course of action has been settled on and if that doesn't work I'll no doubt be back on here.

Thanks again for your input.

Afraid it doesnt matter whether you are happy with the engineer leaving a safety device by-passed or not , it should not be done ever, its not a matter of opinion the engineer is allowed to do this while still on site but never leave a safety device by-passed, wonder if you still wouldnt have minded if in your case it completely fecked your boiler in other cases could possibly kill someone they are called safety devices for a reason , are you paying for all this guessing work or are you on some kind of care plan or what ?

Sponsored Links
It's through my bank account. Insurance up to £250 for emergency boiler cover. The Bank contact their approved heating engineers and then the heating engineers contact me.

Point taken on the bypass.

you must be well over the £250 threshold by now , about time you got someone who knows this boiler, its not a hard one to fix the guys you have are just clutching at straws

To come out on a Sunday at basic pay does not usually get the best engineers!

To come out on a Sunday at basic pay does not usually get the best engineers!
Tony to be fair most PAYE guys up here dont get any premium for working sundays if you are with a large company every day is a sunday and every day is a friday most are on split shifts with just a small shift allowance , nature of the beast I am afrad

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back