vokera 80sp diverter valve

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have just serviced the diverter valve with a service kit from vokera, all is now working correctly but I cannot seem to stop a leak coming from the top edge of the diverter valve front cover. When I put a second cover gasket in, the leak did not appear straight away but only later when the boiler had heated and cooled a couple of times ( this is what happened the first time I put a gasket in). Is it possible the front cover could be warped. Appreciate any help.

Sponsored Links
did you clean the gap the seal goes into?....stupid question really. :)

Yes I did clean the gap but I will give it another go tommorow, I was also considering wrapping a single layer of ptfe tape aroung the front cover gasket in desperation, many thanks for your help.

hmm never had a problem with these before.

you should be able to see if its warped though.

Sponsored Links
I have never had any problem BUT....

I always scrape clean and dry the parts with a tissue AND....

I always use silicone grease on the rubber parts AND...

Apart from some nasty instants never have any problem!

Tony

Thanks for that, will give a thorough clean this time and try some silicon grease. Am I correct in thinking either of the figure of 8 gaskets that were in the kit can be used ( one does not have the join in the centre)

no choose the seal that was the same as the old one you took out. the one with extra bits will only fit one type of diverter.

Diverter covers have a plastic piece between the two hole. Make sure it is still there. Clean the the cover with a nylon scrubbing pad as well as manifold till bright. Ensure locating slot is clean. Above all, do not use silicon as this can allow the seal to creep. To use PTFE is first sighn of panic- it would never work.

I had a the same fault as above. Platisc 'wedge' was missing. Have yet to encounter a warped cover.

Thanks for the good advice, yesterday I did clean up the faces with a nylon pad and double checked everyting was clean and up to now I have no leaks. Again thanks to everyone for their help.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back