Vokera Boiler Fault

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all

Thanks for looking.

My Vokera boiler has began to display an error code of A09. I was still getting heating and hot water for a day or so but the problem is becoming more regular.

The manual say the A09 fault is: Flue thermistor or flue thermistor counter fault.

Anyone any ideas on how to possibly fix the issue without having to call an engineers?

Thanks in advance

Sponsored Links
You can't do any work on the flue yourself - only Gas Safe Registered Engineers can sort this for you

Thanks

its a pain. I have no boiler cover and will now need to call an engineer. Any idea of a repair price?

Sponsored Links
Thanks

My Vokera is around 6 years old. Its no longer under warranty.

I'm looking into getting boiler cover but most companies inspect he boiler before starting the policy. So its looking more likely to be a visit from an engineer : (

If your boiler is working A09 is probably not a fault it's an alarm.

The boiler has a counter to record the duration of periods in true condensing mode, I'd guess it's hit the limit and is saying next service full strip down rather than a quick check.

Power off, power on, watch the display, a C will appear followed by a number, if it's 25 that's the reminder point.

Personally I don't like to leave them that long, it'll be a tough one to clean probably.

If it takes too long or you can't find an engineer to do it properly a fixed price repair will actually covert he cost of a new heat exchanger, bonkers to me but cleaning them is fiddly and time consuming.

Customer service (01274 866100) can arrange if you don't have a Vokera installer in the area.

Thanks

Called Vokera and they agreed to repair the issue free on charge, provided I signup for a 12 month boiler cover with them. Boiler cover slightly dearer than other competitors, but its a huge saving not having to pay for the initial repair.

Did you tell them it was a Linea ? they dont normally offer that service to boilers over 10 years old,or problems with blockages, result if you can get that

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back