Vokera Boiler Problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a Vokera Combi Boiler in the house I have just bought, but I noticed the pressure kept dropping to below 1, so I kept topping it up to around 1.5

After a few weeks of doing this daily, I had a plumber come out who replaced the vessel, with no luck it kept doing the same, by this point the pressure was going all over the place, it would sometimes be at 3 and then an hour later be at 1.1

So I called him back out, and he cleaned the system out with a fluid he put through the system, no luck after that - so the third visit he put a sealant through the system as he suggested it might be a small leak causing the pressure to drop.

A few days have past since he put the sealant through it and now the pressure is dropping alot fast than it was before, 3 times a day going to check it and there is a red light flashing with the number "04" appearing.

Can anyone suggest what is causing this constant pressure drop? The boiler is around 10 years old if that helps with suggestions.

What are the next steps?

Sponsored Links
Have you checked to see if water is escaping from the pressure relief pipe that should terminate externally, usually behind the boiler. Most likely when the boiler is operating and hot.

After a few weeks of doing this daily, I had a plumber come out who replaced the vessel, with no luck it kept doing the same, by this point the pressure was going all over the place, it would sometimes be at 3 and then an hour later be at 1.1

If the vessel has been replaced and the pressure is still rising, the flexi pipe connecting the vessel to the water block could be blocked?

Sponsored Links

If the vessel has been replaced and the pressure is still rising, the flexi pipe connecting the vessel to the water block could be blocked?

+1

If it is model with braided silver hose going to vessel. Very common

The model number is Linea 726.

Where do I find the vessel connector as I have felt around all the pipes and theres not any water leaks on the floor etc.

The plumber suggested if that didn't solve it, he would have to take up floors etc to find a leak in the pipes which would be a big job, also suggested the boiler was really old and might need replaced.

Almost definitely a blocked flexi. First thing I would have checked, the vessel was likely to be fine! I've seen expansion vessels cut in half and the rubber for the diaphragm is seriously heavy duty, it takes a lot for it to split (it does happen, but not as often as people replace them without properly recharging them!).

If the pressure rises to 3 bar then how can it just be a leak? It would drop from whatever you put it at with no rise if it was a leak alone. Basic stuff, I'd cut your losses with this guy and get someone who has a clue.

If looked after by people who know what they are doing, the older Vokera range like the linea are good boilers imho. I wouldn't be considering changing it.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back