vokera boiler problems

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
i have searched various forum with varied results looking for help with my boiler.

i have a vokera combi boiler and the sealed heating pressure keeps rising.

i have done a few checks so far and was looking for some guidance or idea on what next.

so far i have :-

1 split the top up loop and it is fine not passing.
2. left the heating switched of overnight after draining the pressure down and it still rises off the scale.
3 i shut of the water supply into the boiler and opened the hot taps the pressure is dropping would i be right in saying this proves the heat exchanger is holed?

or could there be another problem.

thanks in advance Alasdair

Sponsored Links
one more this what is the easiest way to add an inhibitor to the system? as i dont want to add it then bleed it back out once the repair is done.

thanks again
Alasdair

Sponsored Links
thanks mate yea i seen the stuff you mean in screw fix, just to source heat exchanger now and hope it does the business if not its an expensive try :D

thanks again
Alasdair

slow down moleman, firstly.....what model of Vokera boiler?? and why do you need to add inhibitor?

1 split the top up loop and it is fine not passing.
2. left the heating switched of overnight after draining the pressure down and it still rises off the scale.
3 i shut of the water supply into the boiler and opened the hot taps the pressure is dropping would i be right in saying this proves the heat exchanger is holed?

not ex v methinks ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back