Vokera linea 24 boiler will not fill

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi! my friends vokera linea 24 boiler pressure has dropped i tried to fill it using the relevant tap which i have done many times before but this time the pressure gauge isn't rising and i can't here any water coming in, i tried to undo the filling loop to check it but hot water is coming out, by the way the heating is on, does this mean the inlet cock is faulty, any idea.

regards
wayne

Sponsored Links
Usually the fault with these is the non-return valve on the ch connection, but if you are getting hot water out it sounds as if this is stuck open.

Let the ch go off and the system pressure drop to its lowest, then try topping it up.

It could just be that the hot system pressure is higher than his incoming mains water pressure.

You need to get him to have the non-return valve replaced though.

There is usually a blockage at the left hand side of the flexible filling loop!

In your case it sounds as if its not blocked there.

Does water come out of the filling loop when you open the filling valve?

Thats totally downwards!

Tony

Sponsored Links
COuld also be that the plastic tab is moving but hte spindle underneath it isn't. In which case undo screw, remove tab and use a small spanner on the spindle.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back