Vokera boiler repeated 'clicking' when at correct temperature

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Boiler's heating correct - water heats instantly, and the radiators heat as they should. When it reaches the set limit (assigned via Hive), it repeatedly seems to 'click', sounding as though it's trying to turn something on or off, occurring every 9 seconds (see video from 31 seconds in), and going on for a good 15 minutes afterwards.

Boiler was served a few months ago, with this starting just afterwards. No error codes shown, pressure's in the green.

I'm hoping it's just a valve switched on or off that shouldn't - any ideas as to what it's doing (or trying to do)?

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
I have seen faulty diverter valve actuator motors doing that but not as loud as that , pull the actuator off it is just a clip and you will see if that is the problem, no need to drain anything

I have seen faulty diverter valve actuator motors doing that but not as loud as that , pull the actuator off it is just a clip and you will see if that is the problem, no need to drain anything
Thanks for the reply Ian - I'll give it a shot!

Sponsored Links
Sounds like something slamming shut, eg a prv, but Ian knows these boilers very well.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back