Vokera combi boiler pressure gauge sticking

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a small vokera gas compact combi boiler which does not light up every time (works 3 out of 5 times) on the timer setting. Due to having pump problems in the past I have done away with this several years ago and have a filling loop installed which works perfectly. The problem is that the pressure gauge has no reading whatsoever in the morning and I then have to top up to 1.5 bar or just below. At this point it lights no problem then after a few seconds the pressure rises to 2.5 - 3 bar at this point I then have to bleed the system to get it back down to 1.5 bar which is a 30 second operation I would much rather not have to do. I understand why the boiler is not lighting and I am more than capable of getting it to light. Why is the pressure gauge sticking and is there a fix for this? I am not gas safe registered and would not just jump into a fix on my own. I am used to working on gas systems at 200 bar+ offshore as an Instrument Tech so more than understand the implications of amateurs like me working on domestic systems unlicensed I just want to know why it is sticking. The boiler is 7 years old. Cheers

Sponsored Links
Your gauge is fine!

The expansion vessel is failed or depressured!

See the FAQ here.

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back