Vokera Compact 24SE - red light on temporarily

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Our Vokera boiler shows a red light when it tries to ignite the gas - it fails to ignite, and when we turn off the hot water tap or turn down the heating thermostat the red light goes back to green/flashing green.

Before we get an engineer to look at it, any ideas what could be wrong?

Sponsored Links
What happens if you leave the demand on?

It tries to ignite a few times, then stops trying and the red light stays on. It always turns off when demand is stopped though.

Not had much dealing with these boilers, but, from the MIs it should only have 1 attempt at ignition, then lock out if it fails, which would mean a reset is reqd not just cut the demand.
I'd have to advise you to get a repair man out.

Sponsored Links
Thanks, I'm pretty sure it does try twice but could be wrong. When we try the heating it can require a reset, but the water does not.

Got an engineer coming tomorrow anyway, will see what he says. I know Vokera are not the most reliable but it was in the house when we bought it, and we'd previously had the same model for ten years that barely needed any repairs on it during that time.

Screeds of posts on internet forums about how unreliable they are - they're cheap, but seem to be cheap for a reason, and generally people asking about them are encouraged to spend a bit more to get a better quality boiler, rather than paying for repairs further down the line.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back