Vokera Compact 28 red light problems

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have been having problems with my boiler for over a week now where the red light keeps coming on I have it covered with Scottish gas and they have been out on 4 separate occasions first they cleaned the venturi pipes, then replaced the CH sensor then today the engineer replaced the PCB.

All of which got the boiler starting again however a couple of hours later when I ran the hot water the red light came on again :(

the engineer who attended today said the only other thing that could be done is a power flush but this would cost us £450. can anyone please give me any other further advise on what to do please i'm at my wits end?

Sponsored Links
does anything in particular happen before the light comes on.does it happen more at particular times or during hw or heating use?

it could be a number of things, Usually without any indication or it doing it while present you'd go down a process of elimination, changing both central heating and hot water sensors, do u you know if both were done? after that its quite common for the ignition pcb to go faulty then the most expensive part is the main pcb.
I had one last week that didnt it while i was present though and endedup being an air pressure switch.
red light will also come on if the boiler overheats but once cools usually comes off without the need to go in and reset so you can be almost 100% sure a powerflush wont fix anything.
Best to phone them back out tomorrow and if theyre not willing to help ask to speak to the area service manager and explain the problem

red light comes on more during hot water use

I have them coming back out this afternoon so I will ask about the air pressure switch and if they changed the HW sensor fingers crossed it gets sorted

Thanks for your comments

Sponsored Links
This is a more difficult boiler to fault find as the indication can be triggered by many different causes.

Apart from overheats or sensors the ignition PCB is a common cause. The APS is easy for any competent engineer to test.

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back