vokera compact 28

asc

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a small water leak from a small clear flexible tube sticking out the bottom of the boiler. Can anyone tell me what this is? I'm assuming it is some kind of "tell tale"

Sponsored Links
Thanks for the reply, but what is it draining and how do I stop it?

the water in the centrel heating side off the system. take the case off the boiler. and where the pipe is joined to the boiler is a brass nut thing about 12mm just nip it up.

Nath

Sponsored Links
Make sure you aren't mistaken that the leak is just running or dripping onto this plastic pipe, never have i seen the drain valve leak on its own.

in agreement KP.

clear hose is Gas Valve breather pipe (i think.......no im sure)

lol, its about an inch horizontally right of the prv, and the prv is not a drain valve its a safety device...

kevplumb, i work on a lot of vokera boilers the safety valve is a safety device and yes a drain valve, but i can almost guarantee you if you touch that safety valve it will not reseat and will partially pass water.

So you turn up at a job to say fit a ntc heating sensor, the customer has heating and hot water but the sensor is out of calibration, cutting the boiler off once in a while. You open up the prv drain the boiler, fit the sensor and refill the system. Oh whats this, the prv is dripping, the customer will not believe for a second that this is " one of those things that happens " because it was working fine before you touched it.

kevplumb, i work on a lot of vokera boilers the safety valve is a safety device and yes a drain valve, but i can almost guarantee you if you touch that safety valve it will not reseat and will partially pass water.

So you turn up at a job to say fit a ntc heating sensor, the customer has heating and hot water but the sensor is out of calibration, cutting the boiler off once in a while. You open up the prv drain the boiler, fit the sensor and refill the system. Oh whats this, the prv is dripping, the customer will not believe for a second that this is " one of those things that happens " because it was working fine before you touched it.

But you know its going to do that so would take another PRV with you or remove it and clean the valve / seating

i know that

you know that

gg knows that

pablo knows that

will somebody tell vokera :idea:

and if the boiler has a drain point why do they tell you to use the prv :?:

and if the boiler has a drain point why do they tell you to use the prv

it doesnt have a feckin drain point :!:

and if there is a compact 28 with one please post a pic :idea:

re read this KP, its not a dig ;) , in fact its not a dig at anybody, but the compacts i have fitted, serviced repaired do not have a drain point

if you look at the bottom right of the pump housing there is normally a clear tube attached to a brass nut which is a drain valve. i'll try get a pic of one but dont want the tenant thinking im a wierdo taking pictures off boilers :LOL:

Nath

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back