Vokera compact 29A red light

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, hoping someone can shed some light on this. After running a shower for more around 30 mins my four year old Vokera compact 29A locks out to a continuous red light (but only after switching off the shower, not during the shower). After a few hours and several attempts to reset at mains switch and on boiler it will start working again. No problems when running CH. I'm planning to get a plumber out to this but would be good to get some other opinions in case this is a difficult fix. Thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links
It will be 2-5 years old if it only has a series of three LED's and no screen on a grey fascia panel. Red is final lockout from a couple of alarms and I think you'll need someone who knows what to do to fix it. Are you in a hard water area? Turning the mains on and off does not reset the boiler but turning the main switch on the boiler through standby a couple of times does. Ring Vokera for an approved installer in your area or they'll fix it for a fixed price repair (£230 ish)

Thanks, it's the one with the three LEDs but has a white fascia. Its not a hard water area so possibly not scaled up. It seems to need both switched on and off at the wall and then reset using the CH temperature/standby controller. It can take a few hours or even days of trying this for it to finally go green. Good to know that we can get a fixed price.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back