Vokera Compact boiler help!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Can some1 help? my vokera boiler in my rental property is starting up and heating radiators but goes to red within 5 mins - 1 hour, pressure is going down too I have to top up every so often, water never gets hotter than Luke warm. I need a second opinion as plumber says the boiler needs replaced which I can't afford to do. Help please.[/quote]

Sponsored Links
You dont say which model.

I would say you need a boiler engineer to repair it.

Your plumber can unblock your drains though.

Tony

Sponsored Links
Would doubt if the boiler needs replacing, but need more info on the fault to diagnose, dont worry Tony will come back and say he needs to know if it is the 24 or the 28 just ignore him they both behave the same

You are right Ian. I read the posting but not the heading!

Regardless, he needs a boiler engineer and not a plumber! But one who is prepared to repair boilers and not just fit new ones like the first one wants to do.

I went to one today where he had been told "he needed a new fan and PCB and so a new boiler was better value". Of course all it needed was a new fan!

Tony

Solid red, but if I reset it fires up again, sometimes it stays on for hours other times it goes to solid red after 5 mins

The problem with that model is that there are several causes of the flashing light.

That means proper diagnostic skills are needed. The first one apparently did not have them ( or want to use them! ).

Tony

Unfortunately there are a few causes that I can think of some relatively inexpensive, definately worth getting it looked at by someone who knows what they are doing rather than just replace it

Any ideas what it could possibly be? I was ready to have fork out for a new boiler as can't leave tenants with no heating should it stop working completely

It sounds like you have a flow problem but this could be caused by just a sensor or the DHW flow switch very common on this boiler, or it could be the flow and return flexis clogged up also very common

Thanx Ian, got another boiler engineer coming tomoro, friend of my bros so hopefully it's just a small thing :D

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back