Vokera Excel very noisy

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all, newbie here so be gentle!

I have a Vokera Excel 80SP that has recently become very noisy. The noise occurs when either the heating starts up after being off for a while, or a hot tap is turn on after being off for a while. Its a sort of screech/rumble - I liken it to lots of bubbles being pumped. After a few seconds all recovers.

I have recently installed all the new bits from the manifold service kit and replaced all the manifold gaskets and plungers etc, and it worked fine for a number of weeks after that, then this noise turned up.

I just checked the vent on the top of the auto air vent bottle (top of pump), and loosened it. There was greasy cack inside the cap which I cleaned out. Noise seems to have improved a bit, but still occasionally occurs. Can this part be cleaned/serviced? Or is that an unlilely cause?

I think its air in the system that doesnt seem to be vented, but I am really open to ideas. Looking through other posts the expansion vessel may be the culprit, but would welcome any hep and explanations.

Rgds

James

Sponsored Links
Ive come across this before and its usually down to the bobbin ( the plastic bit in the service kit) getting choked or not sealing front or back depending if on heating or hot water i.e the O ring on the back of the bobbin coming off or not sealing properly . Take it out and check its assembly is correct as its acting as a penny whistle or similar with the water singing across it.
Hope this helps , just a guess as I aint standing in front of it!!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back