Vokera Excell 80 SP Boiler Not Firing Up

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I have a Vokera excel 80SP combi boiler (approx 9 years old). I can’t get it to fire up at all for hot water or for heating. The pilot light is still on but when I turn on the hot tap or try and turn on the heating nothing happens (no noise at all from pump/fan etc).
When I first noticed the fault I checked the pressure and it was just creeping into the red so I topped it up and it is now ok. I have tried disconnecting the power completely for a few minutes then trying again but this does not help.

I’ve arranged for a heating engineer to come round on Friday but does anyone have any idea what the problem might be or anything simple I could try before then?

Many Thanks,

PS I’m in Edinburgh if anyone has any recommendations for plumbers/engineers as I had to just pick one out the yellow pages (Contract heating – who say they are vokera approved service agents) as I had no recommendations

Sponsored Links
Do you have power at the boiler?

Red light on the rocker switch?

Anyone tampered with the ti,me clock/boiler controls?

Thanks for the speedy reply.

Yes the red light is on and II changed the fuse just incase.

I don't think anyone tampered with the timer but I reset it just incase and has made no difference.

I don't think anyone tampered with the timer but I reset it just incase and has made no difference.

If you have power at the boiler and the pump ain't running then you need to check for power at the pump.

Firing sequence on those boilers for water and heating is pump/fan/aps/gas valve.

No power at the pump means the PCB is gubbed(could be a blown fuse on the board think there is a spare on it) but you need to check for live and neutral at the PCB/boiler terminal.

Sponsored Links

If you have power at the boiler and the pump ain't running then you need to check for power at the pump.

Firing sequence on those boilers for water and heating is pump/fan/aps/gas valve.

No power at the pump means the PCB is gubbed(could be a blown fuse on the board think there is a spare on it) but you need to check for live and neutral at the PCB/boiler terminal.

Cheers, I'll have a look again when I get home tonight and post back if I get anywhere!

If you do have power at the pump then the pump may be stuck in which case you can try to free it yourself or you can buy a Grunfos and just change the head by removing the four allen screws

If you do have power at the pump then the pump may be stuck in which case you can try to free it yourself or you can buy a Grunfos and just change the head by removing the four allen screws

The fuse has blown in the PCB, there doesn't seem to be a spare one so I'll buy one tomorrow and see if that sorts it.

Thanks for your help

The fuse has blown in the PCB, there doesn't seem to be a spare one so I'll buy one tomorrow and see if that sorts it.

Thanks for your help

Pretty sure there is a spare on the board in a small fuse carrier,could be wrong though but Vokera does supply them with some of their boilers.

Cheers.

replacing the fuse seems to have done the trick, don't know what caused it to blow in the first place but hopefully will be ok now.

Cheers,
Andy

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back