Vokera Excell 80 sp trips an extrenal fuse

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All,

I have a Voker Excell 80 SP which has developed yet another fault.

Having been on holidays I return to find that the bolier has stopped working. An engineer has had a look at it and has not yet for definite identified a fault but seems to think that it has faulty 'PCB'. The fault is that as soon as the boiler is switched on, heating or hot water, it trips a fuse on the main fuse box. The engineer has checked the pump, the fan and gas unit and now feels that the fault lies in PCB. He has gone away to find a used PCB as the new one would cost too much for my boiler bearing in mind its age.

If you have any ideas that might help please share those with me. And before you say its time to change a boiler I know already that I need to do so. Thank you for your help in advance.

Sponsored Links
Do not get a PCB (yet) but look for a new 'engineer@. Also get the boiler serviced

If it did need a new PCB then regardless of the age of the boiler it needs a new PCB.

But as DP says its most unlikely to be the PCB. I have only ever needed to replace one on that model and not for that fault.

You need a better engineer!

Tony

Thanks for your reponses. I didnt want to be rude but I was not convinced that the engineer knew what he was doing.

Any idea what could be causing this problem?

Sponsored Links
None of us have seen or tested your boiler.

Obviously, its almost certain to be something else because our collective experience is that the PCB is !

To speculate is not going to achieve anything.

What is clear is that it needs a better engineer!

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back