Vokera Excell 80 SP

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I am looking for a bit of advice on the combi boiler above. It was making a strange noise when it was fired (a loud humming). It has now stopped working all together.

The pilot is lit and there is power getting to the boiler but it never fires. The pressure is frequently dropping and although I can top it back up, it still does not fire.

I have previously replaced the control box (not sure if it is actually called something else) and the diaphragm. When there was a problem with the diaphragm, I was able to diagnose by pulling the arm out to get the boiler to fire. This no longer works.

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated. If any more info is needed, please let me know.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
It sounds as if the fan is jammed.

However, inspecting inside the combustion chamber and working on these parts should be by a competent gas registered engineer.

Tony

Fletcher, where in Lanarkshire are you?

Faulty item can be changed but it would be better to service the boiler during which the faulty item will be replaced.

Difference is either carry out repair and get the boiler working for it to subsequently fail again due to lack of service. This could end up in subsequent calls as and when the boiler fails again. Better option is a service as prescribed by the makers and replacement of faulty or worn components- this restores the boiler to near factory spec.

Carry most common components to endeavor first call fix

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back