Vokera Excell 80E Problems

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My boiler's been working fine for the past few months but recently I'm starting to notice a few problems.

Mainly, it takes ages for my hot water to come on when I pour the tap in the kitchen. When the water does eventually get hot, I notice the pressure drop a little, which I have to overcome by opening the tap further.

Also when I turn on my shower, after a long wait, about 5 minutes or so after the shower is switched on, the gas will eventually ignite within the boiler and start to heat the water.

I then only have about 5 - 10 minutes of hot water whilst in my shower before the water loses heat and eventually gets too cold to bare.

This never used to happen so I'm beginning to wonder what's up with it. Also I think the water that goes into my washing machine isn't hot enough either as I've noticed recently a drop in the cleaning performance of my washing machine. Resulting in me having to wash a few things multiple times.

Anyone got any ideas what the problem could be?

Sponsored Links
Just over a year ago, August 2007. I've only just moved into the property and have been living here for about 4 months or something like that. I just started noticing problem recently. Does it sound like something a service will fix? Or more likely something that a service will get to the bottom of?

Sounds like the boiler service is overdue. There are instances where a boiler has been serviced, but service is only a superficial spring clean. Proper service as detailed in the manual will often restore correct boiler operation.

Good boiler, well worth looking after.

Sponsored Links
It sounds to me as if the diverter valve is failing!

I class that as a repair and come quickly.

A service in my case assumes the boiler is working correctly and is when it can be fitted in but not usually for a week after we are called.

Tony

My Dad spoke to a guy at his work and they reckoned it could be the Pressure Differential Diaphram?? or something like that? Does that sound likely?

Thats part of the diverter valve and the most likely part to have failed but there can be other causes as well.

Tony

I would recommend a service as not only will this put your boiler on a better footing to give improved performance, it will also deal with diaphragm issues since these areas should be inspected during service.

Why pay twice to have a job done. It is like a plumber comes to repair a leak in a lead pipe. He only repairs the area that is leaking hoping to get further calls when another section on said pipe leaks.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back