Vokera excell 80sp Advice

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Old vokera is going to be replaced in the spring, therefore trying to keep it alive until weather and cash permits.

The problem; The hot water side failed completely, freezing cold all the time, so having researched the forum, looks like the diverter valve gubbins would be prime suspect. I've therefore fitted a complete service kit and now the hot water works, but only when heating is on. When DHW only is selected, the boiler won't go into the start sequence.

I'm assuming, because the hot water is fine when radiators are on, that the hydraulic side of life is fine, and I'm leaning towards the DHW micro switch either not working the diaphragm pin isn't operating it? It's difficult to see when the system is operated. Either way it sounds electrical. The fault tree in the manual isn't particularly helpful.

Does anyone have advice or similar scenarios?

Been on here for years, but lost my previous ID

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
I repair all sorts of boilers including your model.

But there can be all sorts of causes and that why a competent boiler engineer is recommended.

Tony

I repair all sorts of boilers including your model.

But there can be all sorts of causes and that why a competent boiler engineer is recommended.

Tony

OK thanks, I guess a chartered mechanical and electrical engineer won't be able to understand.

But thanks for the advice.....

Thought I'd update the outcome for other "DIYrs" who may happen upon this thread;

Whipped the DHW microswitch off, stuck a meter on it, was only operating intermittently, popped into my local heating spares shop, and bought new one. 15 minutes to stick it on & reconfigure case etc, now working great with lashings of hot water.

Pretty easy once you get your head round the ignition sequencing.

Also cleaned out the Magnaclean, and stuck in new Sentinel.

Job done for 19 quid plus 23 quid for the diverter service kit. :)

Sponsored Links
Even chartered mechanical and electrical engineers can fix boilers. Well done Godrup. The Excell was a good boiler in its day.......still is if maintained well.:)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back