Vokera excell 80sp Heat plate (7140) help !

R

RayGlasgow

Hi guys i was wondering if anyone in the know could offer me some advice.
i have a customer whos got the original vokera 80sp which has i suspect a choked heatplate, the vokera part number for this is 7140.
I advised a new boiler and flush may be a better long term option but he'd like the heat plate replaced as its a rented acomodation.
ive never had to replace the heat plate on 1 of these and im on the understanding i need to unbolt it from the diverter valve manifold.
Could anyone confirm the size of Allen keys req'd? is it 16mm and 12mm?
thanks
Ray

Sponsored Links
DP with post 1 he is unlikely to get into the CC

Right then as you can't kill anyone doing this and i am bored :rolleyes:
You won't need any allen keys and even if you did they come in sets so what difference does it make and when was the last time you used a 16mm key for anything on a boiler?FFS. If you have had a look and can't tell the difference between a 12mm and 16mm hole you are in the wrong job. You just need a screwdriver and a 7mm spanner or a set of wee knipex.
What makes you think it is the HW heat exchanger that is at fault? Poor hot water?
Glasgow is not known for its hard water! so it is unlikely to be that.
More like it needs a diaphragm.
These boilers are pysh easy to fix. Learn a bit more about fault finding rather than go out guising and ripping ****s off :evil:
Thats me finished with dishing out answers to fucyn numpty questions.

Sponsored Links
Ray, are you a familiar with this boiler? Glasgow could be named Vokera city instead of rain town ( as Rebus calls it).

Look at the manual. I would say it is well presented and easy to follow.

I am also surprised at any boiler repairer who cannot offer cleaning the plate HE.

We generally clean them ( when we can off the premises ) and I expect charge rather less and dont have to waste time going to buy them.

As others have said trade enquiries are best asked in the CC.

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back