Vokera Excell 80SP - Hot water but no heating

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I returned home last night from a week away and the pressure in the boiler was down to about 0.3bar and the pilot was off.

I have increased the cold pressure to c.1.5bar and lit the pilot. The main burner will now come on for hot water (i.e. hot water working fine) but not for heating?

Are there any possibilities that this could be a simple DIY fix (as I am cold!) or otherwise what is likely to be the issue?

Sponsored Links
Did you switch the power off to the boiler?
Stripping that boiler down and overhauling the beastie will breath new life into the workhorse.

Hi,

No, I didn't turn off the power. I suppose there could have been a power cut whilst I was away.

I have emailed you separately, Danny, as you helped me out earlier this year with a boiler service. Thought I would post on here in case there was a simple fix.

Iain

• Thanks
Reactions: DP
@DP if in your PM you need anything I have a complete boiler fully functional if you need anything mate

• Thanks
Reactions: DP
Sponsored Links
It's working! I pressed various buttons on the digital timer and eventually it just fired up. Perhaps the power was turned off to the boiler by a power cut which reset the timer?

However, I don't think the power going off would cause a drop in pressure? I'll need to monitor that.

Ian, my boiler is missing the three switch dials - if you have spares I'd be interested in buying them.

not sure what you mean by three switch dials, you can have anythying free for the cost of postage, can you post a pic of what you mean ?

Ian, I was referring to the three dials in the bottom left of this picture (found on the net as I'm missing the dials) which control boiler setting, water temp and heating temp. Let me know if you have those and I will gladly buy them.

192506pok0bpctg9t9kf9c.jpg

yes I have them , PM me your address and I will post them to you , just pay postage and a donation to help for heroes and its fine

Shutting the power off will cause the heat exchanger to pop the gasket leading to pressure dropping

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back