Vokera Excell 80SP not firing up - pcb issue?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

My Vokera Excell 80SP is not firing up, either for heating or hot water (the pilot light is on though). The fan is on low speed and stops when I turn on the hot tap but the pump does not appear to be powering up (as far as I can tell with this being the first ever time I've looked at a boiler pump!). Having done a bit of research on this forum it seems that this could be a PCB fault? Does this sound likely?

The fuse in my fuse board has not blown so I was hoping to check the fuse on the PCB before then calling out an engineer if that hasn't fixed it. However having taken off the main cover to the boiler I can't figure out how to access the PCB without breaking the plastic parts. It seems like the plastic panel with the boiler controls should flip down but I'm struggling to see how to do this and don't want to snap something! Any advice much appreciated!

Thanks,

Iain

Sponsored Links
your flow switch diaphragm housing is blocked and that is as far as we are allowed to tell you as it is gas work and the site rules prohibit us from telling you anything else

pump does not appear to be powering up

Are you SURE
I would advice you start looking for a new boiler as part that is needed is no longer available ( at least from my supplier)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back