Vokera Excell SP 80

GDM

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Can anybody tell me the max temp of the dhw for this boiler. I can get 50oC at tap outlets but don't know if this is the max. The shower in same house can only give a max temp of 35oC and burner stops and starts, but stays on constantly when a tap is running. I was thinking that the shower thermostat could be acting up and causing boiler problem, but i would like to know max temp bolier can produce, don't have a manual.

Sponsored Links
suspects would be sludge and diverter valve letting by.

Wait until CH feed ppe is cool and run a hot tap. If it gets hot then DV is LB.
WHile HW is running, if you stop all flow to CH you would hope for better HW if that's the case. Can do by closing all rad valves, but they usually don't all shut well, or by closing one boiler isolation valve. They can leak but often stop again after a while when put back to open position.

If you fix the DV, the burner going on - off is likely to get worse, as the boiler gets hotter., so the HW heat exchanger would need cleaning or replacing too. There are other things involved like correct gas valve operation beyond DIY, which may need attention.

GDM, Glasgow cold water in Clydebank was clocked in at 8 degrees C. 80SP will deliver 9.5 liters of water for temperature rise of 35 degrees.

At this flowrate, I would expect to see a hot water delivery of 43 degrees. and temperature gause sitting at 70.

You may find shower unit to be the culprit as higher pressure cold water may be 'blockin' the cold flowrate through the boiler. As primary heat is not used effectively, burner shuts down. Same as running a hot tap at a tricle, burner will cycle.

DP, thanks for the info, that is my gut feeling for what's happening. Do you think shuting in the cold feed to bolier would make a difference and if not, is this bolier not that suitable for a themostatic mixing valve?

Sponsored Links
Nothing to do with the boiler. More a case of cold pressure being too high. Fitting a pressure reducing valve might help.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back