Vokera Linea 24: cycling water temperatures

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
When we run the hot water, for some reason, it has started cycling hot and cold.

When we checked the pressure, it was very low so we have it back up to 1.5 now but the temperature cycling is still occurring while the water is running. Very annoying when showering!

Any ideas before we pay £££££ to call someone out?

Sponsored Links
It's usually scale/crud on the primary (biler) side of the secondary heat exchanger (which your tap water passes through). Unless you're in an extremely hard water area in which case the tap water side could be scaled.

It could be removed for cleaning (or replacement), though the problem will recur unless you get the whole system cleaned.

Thank you. We do live in a very hard water area. Do I need to call someone out to descale this for us?

Edited: After a bit of detective work it seems that the water only cycles hot and cold from the bath tap, which the shower is attached to. The bathroom sink and the kitchen sink taps all run constant so I assume that it's nothing to do with the boiler. I shall attempt a descale on both the shower and the bath tap.

Thank you again for your very prompt help!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back