Vokera Linea 24 - Diverting Problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My Vokera Linea 24 - 5 years old - since years has been giving problem with the motorised valve for diverting hot water/heating. Got any ideas how to permanently solve the problem?
Everything else is ok. AND now there is water leaking from the motorised valve area. PLease HELP.

Sponsored Links
The diverter valve actuator is a very reliable part. During the first year the failure rate is about 1 in 2000.

They are simple to change and cost about £48 !

The leaking gland is caused because you have dirt in the system. This probably goes back to the original installation when the system was not power flushed or could have been caused later by topping up the pressure to compensate for leaks.

The gland can be changed on its own but there will still be dirt in the system and the new one will fail again after a few months if the system is not treated.

If your DHW were tested for performance you will probably find that its become reduced by a partial blockage in the secondary heat exchanger.

Tony Glazier

My system was power flushed - nothing found - then heat exchanger was cleaned nothing found. The good news: the leak has caused power shortcircuit. Now we are without HOT WATER and without HEATING. Got any other ideas?

Sponsored Links
If the diverter gland leaks severely then that can force water up into the motor actuator and that will cause an overcurrent and blow the fuse.

I dont know whats going on but the professional approach is to deal with all the problems to bring the boiler into a pristine state.

It sounds as if you are doing the absolute minimum to get the boiler going again without dealing with the fundamental problems?

Tony Glazier

Thank you Agile,

I am not doing anything - its my heating man who keeps experimenting on it. If he fails again - how can I contact u. I AM WITHOUT HOT WATER AND HEATING and I cannot afford expensive heating man.

Much quicker to sort out your boiler!

If you lived next door then I would do it for you this afternoon!

tony

Just an update: - My boiler is still being repaired!!!! *#/*. Motorised valve, service kit have been changed so far. Next on the list is diverter valve.

Should I go for break down insurance cover (its only £85) or rely on a plumber ?

Employ a heating engineer who knows what he is doing. Regularly work on these boilers. Motor is very reliable but then again, if boiler is 'serviced' but not actually serviced (only checked operationally), combi boilers (all of them) will be troublesome.

Regularly service Vokeras. They just keep on working (especailly early ones)

You can only take out breakdown insurance if its not broken down!

Those are reliable boilers if the water system is clean. As I said before, your problem sounds as if its solely caused by dirty system water causing the glands to leak.

A leaking top diverter valve gland eventually damages the diverter valve motor ( £48 ) if its left for too long. Just changing the motor will result in it failing again in a short while!

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back