Vokera Linea 24 (fitted 2001) hot water problems

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I have a Vokera Linea 24 boiler, BG serviced it and now the dhw flow is crap and not very hot , kicks in at 30 and off at 60 the dial (dhw) is turn right up (seems when they touch it something goes wrong) normally a bit of tinkering gets it to work but not this time.
When hot water is running the hot flow on the central heating gets hot but if I take the motorised valve off and push the pin in and run the hot tap the pipe stops cold.
The needle on the pressure gauge bounces when the hot tap is ran is this normal ?
Is this a sign its the diverter valve or the motorised valve that's at fault ?
Would a blocked domestic heat exchanger cause back pressure enough to make the diverter valve to pass ?
The central heating is working fine .

Many Thanks Darren .

Sponsored Links
Boiler was not serviced. Take it from me if the boiler had a proper service instead of a safety check (which you possibly did- which often is carried out without taking boiler covers off), water would not pass to radiators and digi display would not show 60 with water at hot tap not very hot (what is very hot four you?).

If mains is at 5 degrees (it is here at present) and boiler was suppling correct flow rate, display would show a figure around 40

Boiler was not serviced. Take it from me if the boiler had a proper service instead of a safety check (which you possibly did- which often is carried out without taking boiler covers off), water would not pass to radiators and digi display would not show 60 with water at hot tap not very hot (what is very hot four you?).

If mains is at 5 degrees (it is here at present) and boiler was suppling correct flow rate, display would show a figure around 40

I understand if it had been done correctly I would not have these problems but here I am trying to sort it out and not let them muppets at it again .

Thank you for your time and input
Darren

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back