vokera linea 24 error code 6 andcan't reset

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi

my vokera linea 24 is about 5 years old and this morning put the bath on and found that the water was cold, the boiler was flashing the red light and an error code 06 being displayed. the manual says just to reset the system (which i have done before in the past when the system has lost preasure) but it wont reset.
i have turned the power off to the boiler, turned the thermostat off, left the reset swith off for a few minutes but its still flashing the 06 code.

this has happeded once before but it did reset after about 10-15 minutes any ideas what is wrong? the boiler probably could do with a service tbh as we haven't had it done since we moved into the house.

please help before i have to calla plumber out

cheers, Andy

Sponsored Links
Pretty sure 06 is water on the thermistor terminals,no doubt someone will be along to confirm or correct shortly.

If I'm correct you will be better off with Vokera on a FP repair at about £170.

Tony.

Just to add i dont have any central heating either the boiler wont come on at all

cheers

Sponsored Links
I find that there are few Linea repairs which we would not do for much less than the fixed price repairs. Just £102 if at needed a new thermistor.

The knob shafts often snap and dont actually actuate the switch to perform the reset. I used to carry spare ones but dont see so many Linears now.

Tony

Might be an idea to get the boiler serviced.

Fixed price repair is only a repair (in this case to change the thermistor behind the gas valve), whereas a service would be full service AND thermistor replaced for a price less or equal to FP by Vokera. There will no doubt be other areas that will have become sluggish by now due to lack of service

Problem for the OP is though that if it is water that has caused the 06 fault (pretty sure it is) then there may be a leak from somewhere which might be worse than just simply a thermistor replacement in which case I suspect Vokera's FP repair would offer good value for money.

Tony.

pull the knob off :oops: and try resetting with a leccy screwdriver

like tony says there prone to snapping

make sure you explain to whoever you phone so the dont turn up expecting a routine service

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back