Vokera linea 24 flow and return valve

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
1) Boiler make / model (gas or oil)
gas linea 24

2) What is / is not happening.
losing water pressure, suspect it's through the ch flow valve and the ch return valve, since they weep from behind the square knob.

3) Has ANYTHING else been done or changed recently.
On installation several years ago we were told the old non pressured system would tend to leak at the glands due to the new system being under pressure. gradually replaced these with trv's,

4) When did the problem start?
Don't get me started. the guys fitted us with an lpg boiler first, and we're on natural, gassed half the high street. gas board demanded to know who had done it, but I kept schtum. They could have checked I guess, but there's one letter difference in the 15 digit code, or something like that

5) When does it happen? eg, heating coming on or going off.
pressure drops faster if the heating is on.

6) Anything else you feel may be of relevance.
Is it a swap or a repair on the valves?

Thanks for the forum.

Whipping boy

Sponsored Links
Swap the valves and see if pressure loss stops!

I find your story difficult to believe as all appliances are clearly labelled as to gas suitability on the carton!!

Apart from that I would have thought there would be less gas getting into a boiler set up for LPG as the jets are smaller and its then operating at a lower gas inlet pressure than the design.

Tony

Sponsored Links
Thanks I'll swap the valves.

The story is true. I didn't get the chance to look at the cartons they came in. If they are clearly marked then we were in the hands of idiots. The boiler did work slightly, the rads were tepid. To make it worse, the wife's family were here (derbyshire) from the south, where it's warm, and they were freezing all weekend.
The guys were from Birmingham, about 1.5 hours drive. They couldn't find the problem, and stayed for hours looking. One guy missed his daughters birthday party, he said..
Half an hour after they had gone, about 7.00, the gas man knocked on the door said there was the smell of gas from our property. I said 'I can't smell anything' 'Come this way' he said. Walked round the corner and BAM a wall of gas stench. Never smelt anything like it. He said they had had dozens of calls about it.
'Turn the boiler off, don't switch it on, and who has done it?'

I could make stories up and post them here. I don't need to.

Thanks for the advice.

Whipping boy

Would you have "Kept Schtum" if their incompetence had caused an explosion and injured your family??

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back