Vokera linea 24 issue - update

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi
I posted earlier about about a problem with boiler not firing and going out on Fault 01.
The main PCB (board with transformer & relays on it) was replaced and boiler would fire up OK but flame would go out after approx 8 seconds then flash 01 fault. It turned out the wiring/jumpers on new board had to be change to allow the board to be compatible with my boiler. Boiler installed 1999.
Since then we now have CH & HW but if you run HW the boiler flame goes off after a couple of minutes running, then boiler fires back up after about 10 seconds. No faults are displayed when this happens but is not good if you're having a shower as it happens about 3 times during typical shower. I've aslo tried this with selector on HW only but it is the same.

My questions are:
Can someone advise what the wiring mods are to a new board to make it suit my boiler?

Anyone know why the burner should extinguish after a couple of minutes of HW then fire back up after 10 secs, no faults showing? The boiler seems to cycle through these burner on/off.

Cheers.

Sponsored Links
Why should the burner not extinguish if it has done its job and primary is up to temperature.

Forget about the PCB mod. Your problem is not the PCB.

DP
Thanks for replying. The issue is when having a shower the water turns cold when burner turns off which is not desirable. When running HW constantly should the burner not remain on all the time and just regulate gas flow to burner to reduce HW temp if this is necessary?

PS I remember you replying to me over a year ago about a HW problem that turned out to be a sticky diverter valve which has since been replaced and cured.

Are you interested in fixing my boiler issue I know you're in Glasgow I live in KA3 post code. Are you interested? I'd be very pleased to have you look at this.

Cheers and look forward to hearing from you.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back