Vokera Linea 24 playing up - please help!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi
My first post - please be gentle.

Over the previous several months (and certainly since last winter), I’ve had to keep topping up the water in our Vokera Linea 24 boiler. The boiler and system is at least 10 years old, maybe older. It has not been serviced in the last six years due to lack of money.

Since the weather has turned a bit cooler we have started putting the heating on in the early mornings and evenings. The pressure now drops so low (<.5bar), that the radiators don’t heat up very much. Once I’ve re-filled the system with water, it works fine, but after a day or so the pressure drops so low I need to re-fill again. When the system is on, the pressure goes up to around 3 bar.

I had a look online and these systems seem to indicate that the expansion tank needs repressurizing (?)

Finally, today, I booked a local engineer to take a look, through the British Gas website, for a fixed price of £168. He came and his diagnosis was that the system was blocked with sludge and needed a powerflush.

I wasn’t present to ask him at the time, but how can the system be blocked and the radiators still warm up when we switch on the heating? It doesn’t seem to make sense to me? Can anyone advise?

Thanks,
Greg
:D

Sponsored Links
He is probably right but they get a commission if you get a PF through BG.

I went to do a PF for someone who had been asked for it by BG and it really did not need one at all.

You would have been better off getting an independent as they would have been cheaper and they could deal with any problems.

Tony

the expansion tank will be the aswer to pressure problem but not cool rads , has he recharged vessel ?if not get them back to do so.

the expansion tank will be the aswer to pressure problem but not cool rads , has he recharged vessel ?if not get them back to do so.

I had a chat on the phone with him last night. He said the expansion vessel was clogged with sludge and that the whole system needed a flush.

If I got someone to do this locally (West Yorkshire), what should I pay?

Thanks,

Sponsored Links
has he recharged vessel

Pressure rise to 3bar is not always related to a flat expansion vessel. This is where product knowledge and field experience helps to crack the fault. Throw in common sense and you end up getting your boiler fixed without tears

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back