Vokera Linea 24 rattle noise

Nicso not the earlier Linea (one with chrome pipe to EV to left of pump). Later version using the flexy pipe is well known to get blocked. Many other boilers using this type also act up in similar way.

Sponsored Links
yes i forgot about that.

i hate clearing those flexis, can be a very messy job :LOL:

What do you use to clear the blockage_ I use a lengrth of solder (wire)

i use a very long thin screwdiver.
no matter how much i depressurise the exv i still sometimes get a good spray of black stuff out of it. :eek:

Sponsored Links
Joys of boiler repairing. Incontinence pad, 1/2" cap for expansion vessel and rubber gloves help

indeed. a nappy does help but whats the advantage of a cap? snatch it and put the cap on to stop all the water coming out?

So that the flexy can be allowed to blacken the kitchen sink also (during cleaning process)

if the diverter valve does not close fully [due to primary system carp building up on diverter pin] primary flow intended for the ch, spills through plate h exchanger. its going in the correct direction, but at reduced velocity, causing the nrv to rattle. when h/w is drawn, full flow of primary water through plate h exchager renders nrv silent or inaudable due to mains water noise.
I dont mean scratch all the chrome off pin, just remove deposits and re grease. Linea is a very good boiler. See my earlier post on how to PROVE or not, this is the fault :D

interesting, i shall clean the pin next one i get and see if it stops the rattle.

Interesting indeed and the noise does reduce substantially when hot water is drawn. Certainly worth a go before spending money elsewhere.
Thanks.

Hi Nickso

Good call, now had 3 days of rattle free boiler use!!! probably jinxed that with this reply LOL.

Didn't need to use anything more abrasive than some descaler and my finger nail ! regreased and reassembled piece of Pxxx.

Thanks for your help again.

Tony

ps If you ever have any audio equipment problems please contact me thats my game.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back