Vokera linea 28 Barely heats the water or radiators

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello everyone, I am just so fed up with living in a cold house I have signed up in the hope someone can tell me what might be wrong with my boiler!

The boiler is 8 years old, Its a Vokera linea 28. I pay Scottish Hydro electric £16.50 a month for servicing and parts. The hot water hasnt been very hot for about a year now, The serviceman came out and said the tap pipe work was too wide for the boiler to cope with, but the boiler managed to cope fine before, is he fobbing me off? I have managed to cope without hot water by just boiling the kettle.

But now the Central Heating doesn't heat the radiators much at all and the house can get very cold at this time of year. I got my son to try and bleed the radiators but water came out straight away. Both pipes at the bottom of the radiator arent that hot. Im going to phone the Scottish Hydro again tomorrow and I wil ask them to send out a serviceman. The boiler is sending steam out the floo and there is some heat to the water/radiators so I assume it is working to an extent.

Sponsored Links
could be various faults ,but a engineer should be able to sort ,pipes to big ! now thats a new one ,your boiler should deliver 11 lites a minute and be hot

I pay Scottish Hydro electric £16.50 a month for servicing and parts.

so get your moneys worth

The hot water hasnt been very hot for about a year now, The serviceman came out and said the tap pipe work was too wide for the boiler to cope with,

unless you have 4"" pipes utter and complete twaddle

be carefull his horse don't eat your lawn next time he turns up :LOL: :LOL:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back