Vokera Linea 28 (Central heating boiler)

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a Vokera, Linea 28. It is gas supplied and have had the unit for 5 yrs.My hot water side of things function corretly, however, my heating will only activates correctly when I turn up the thermostat to full (i.e 85deg and down to around the 70 deg mark).

I suspect the potentiometer(advice by friend)

I assume it is one of the PCs (burner control board)???

if changing this........ ensure all power is switched off and gas supply isolated.

Please HELP soon as my house is either a hot house (grow tomatoes,) or the penguins are sitting beside me watching telly

Sponsored Links
Have you had a new PCB fitted recently?
The stat knobs can be put on incorrectly.

Sponsored Links
No. Just a bog standard combi boiler which only heats up if the thermostat is fully clockwise ie turned up full.

thanks for helping me out so far

Presumably when you say the thermostat you really mean the heating control knob on the boiler?

Have you measured the resistance of the temperatures with the boiler cold?

Tony

Yes, just the knob on the boiler I am talking about. I havent measured any resistances, but the hot water part of it is fine.

Yes, just the knob on the boiler I am talking about. I havent measured any resistances, but the hot water part of it is fine.

The hot water may well be find but its the heating which is your problem so measuring the sensors cold would be a simple start!

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back