vokera linea 28 hot water problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi when ch is on and temp approx 63 run hot tap and initialy temp will drop then burner kicks in and temp rises and we get hot water after 1min or so when temp hits around 53ish burner goes back to pilot light and hot water runs cold till temp drops to around 40ish then burner kicks back in etc etc so very intermittent hot water struggle to fill bath as water goes constantly hot then cold any ideas please

Sponsored Links
Next time it goes off whilst running hot water turn off hot tap as soon as the burner goes off. See what the temp readout on the boiler is saying. If this is up in the 90's then you are looking at the plate heat exchanger. If not, try new thermistors.

Hi when ch is on and temp approx 63 run hot tap and initialy temp will drop then burner kicks in and temp rises and we get hot water after 1min or so when temp hits around 53ish burner goes back to pilot light and hot water runs cold till temp drops to around 40ish then burner kicks back in etc etc so very intermittent hot water struggle to fill bath as water goes constantly hot then cold any ideas please

I have never seen a Linea with a pilot light !

I have never seen a Linea with a pilot light !

well lower flame sorry if not accurate enough for you

Sponsored Links
When hot water goes off temp reads in 90`s so looks like heat exchanger we are in a hard water area tho. To clean it out do I need to drain rads b4 taking it off, have done it once b4 but long time ago and I aint gettin any younger, lol also explains lack of patience for pedants! who can criticise without helping

Turn off the cold supply and release system pressure by drain cock or the like and protect electrics from water damage. If its badly blocked, the best bet is a new plate.

Turn off flow, return and cold iso valves off under the boiler. Drain boiler by opening drain plug. Remove hex as per instructions.
Have a bucket under the boiler for spillages and protect the electrical items.
I too agree that a new one would be better than a clean.
Good luck.

Sorry missed something out. After isolating cold water, open a hot tap lower than the boiler and leave open till you've done.

Good luck !!!!!

Thx for your help gentlemen, will strip it down in new year after hol season, so people ae back at work, just in case need parts etc are needed. We can cope with it for a few more days, much appreciated.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back