Vokera Linea 28 Odd Fault - Overheating? Frost Protection?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,

I'm hoping someone can help advise on my boiler. It has been fine since we have moved into this house in April 2010, but has recently been a bit of a problem.

We were having problems with it overheating recently, and reporting incorrect temperatures. It was cutting out every time the shower was in use (we have a thermostatic shower). This turned out to be a problem with the heat stat, and primary thermistor. We replaced both of these parts and this problem went away.

However, we've had a bit of weird problem for probably the past 3 months - it's happened 2, maybe 3 times - and I'm a bit baffled, and Googling yields nothing.

I don't know how to describe it, so I'll just describe the symptoms:

- LED flashes yellow
- The LCD displays '8.8.' - but I suspect this is a fault, and not indicative of an error code
- The boiler continues heating until it overheats and cuts out - the radiators get very warm, too warm to touch
- It won't reset for a bit afterwards, so the boiler remains inoperative and reports error '02 overheat' until it has cooled down to a point where it can be reset, and re-activated.

I came home to it in this state this evening, and I've recorded it, and made a video available here:

http://goo.gl/mUAydT

A quick chat with Vokera support suggested it may be entering frost protection mode, but reading the installation and service manual (available here: http://goo.gl/UMzwj2), that suggests that it only engages at sub 5 degrees, and disengages at 40 degrees. The boiler is way hotter than 40 degrees, because it is completely cutting out and reporting '02 overheat'.

I'm beginning to wonder if it's the PCB at fault, simply because this just seems to be outside of the boiler's normal modes of operation, and therefore suggests that the logic board may be faulty? Just a guess though.

I'd welcome any suggestions you may have.

Thanks,
Gordon.

Sponsored Links
Overheat stat or pump, pressure o,k in boiler? should be around 1.5, bar, code says boiler is overheating.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back