Vokera Linea Boiler has started dripping - advice needed!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I could really do with some advice. I noticed a couple of days ago my Vokera Linea boiler had some slight dripping from its bottom side.

I was obviously concerned by this as I know absolutely nothing about Boilers and have a natural fear of things going wrong with gas / water applicances.

Anyway I called British Gas who quoted me a fee of £168 to come and have a look. This seemed quite a lot of money for a small drip so I didn't take them up on their offer.

I am therefore unsure what to do now. I am wary of just calling up a company from the yellow pages for fear of being charged an arm and a leg for parts that I do not need when it may just be a washer needs replaced or a knob needing tightening.

Just to add more detail, the water drips did not appear to be totally clear.

Not sure if this could be related, but I recently replaced a hose on our electric Mira sport shower and since this time, it has been suffering from problems where the cold water doesn't appear to be getting through. The electric shower probably has absolutely no connection to the boiler whatsoever but I thought I should mention it anyway in case it was related.

I look forward to any advice.

Paul

p.s I live near Wellington in Somerset if anyone wants to recommend someone to fix it:)

Sponsored Links
is the water pressure dropping on the guage?

could be a lot of things. lineas aren't bad for leaks but they do leak out of the flow/return valves if the water is dirty. the heat exchangers are also well known for leaking and that is a pricey item, BG would make a loss on that repair for £168. another possiblity is the auto air vent which is common on all boilers for leaking with poor water quality.

the only way you are going to find out is to get someone to have a look if you are not confident enough to do it yourself.

get other prices if you think BG are too pricey but i reckon you will find most are at similar prices for an all inclusive repair.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back