Vokera Low Pressure

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I have a Vokera combi boiler at it has started playing up. I am not sure of the model but will post it tomorrow after I go home.

Things started to go weird when they where working outside on the watermains (I live 3rd floor in Flat). The pressure seems to have dropped alot (now constant at 0.5 bar). The boiler no longer kicks in when the hot water is switched on, although the boiler works on and off when the heating is put on (the heating is fine but the hot water runs hot (80oC) then cold (60oC), the temps are from the gauge on the boiler.

Does anyone have any idea why? Was it the watermain work?

Thanks for any help, Gareth.

Sponsored Links
Some boilers have a low pressure switch, which may be cutting in and out so you get intermittent results.

Top up pressure to 1 bar with your filling loop, and then see what happens.

Hi,
This is this the filling loop?

fill_loop.jpg

This is not my filling loop, but it is similar to the pipe work under the boiler. Although, my pipe work has two taps. Which one should I turn to up the pressure to 1 bar? I think there are different names on the taps and I will post them tomorrow when I get a chance to look at them.

Thanks for your help,
Gareth. [/img]

Sponsored Links
If you think it could be when they did the work you can get the water company to come and check the pressure. If it is their fault then see if they will fix it??? :confused:

Would they check it inside the flat or outside? Is it their responibility if it was inside?

cheers,
gareth

They checked mine inside my flat. They just need access to your taps etc. If youcheck with whoever supplies it they will tell you. Severn Trent checked mine for free. Check the website for whoever supplies your water. It took them a week to come to mine. if you need any more infor I may be able to help :confused:

You turn both taps so that they line up with the direction of the pipe/water flow, then when pressure reaches 1 bar turn one off then the other. Finally remove the steel braid flexible pipe and store it somewhere you won't forget where it is.

I am in Glasgow and regularly repair service Vokeras in Vokera (Glasgow) city.

Ok, pressure is now at 1 bar. Heating works but hot water still does not work. I thought it might have been pressure as pressure before was 0.5 bar and minimum for hot water was 0.6 bar. Maybe it is the thermostat or the pressure measurer (not the gauge)?

Also, DP do you do free quotes and are you corgi registered?

Cheers for the help guys.

Gareth

No free quotes. What is the point of doing a free quote when I call, diagnose the defect with you present, show you where it is faulty. I would charge for this.

Can give you a free quote if you tel me what the boiler is/ is not doing. To check if I am CORGI registered, look for a CORGI registered (gas boilers) in post code area G61 2PB on CORGI website.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back