Vokera Maxin 24e Hotwater problem (hot/cold)

S

sustaltikos

I'm having a bit of a problem with our Vokera Maxin 24e combi boiler. When the hot water is run, it begins hot, and then goes cold, then goes hot again, etc. The boiler clunks off and on again.

Its been cleaned, including the fan and venturi, and the thermistor has also been replaced. This has not fixed the problem.

Oddly, the problem does not really seem to occur if the heating is on too - it is possible to get a hot shower then!

Any ideas?

Sponsored Links
DHW heat exchanger needs replacing or primary side cleaning (not easy). The the system water will need to be treated to prevent future problems.

In fact, now the central heating is gone on the blink too! Ignites, goes on for a bit, clunks off, then almost immediately clunks on again, ignites ... May last a bit longer and repeat ...

I'm having a bit of a problem with our Vokera Maxin 24e combi boiler. When the hot water is run, it begins hot, and then goes cold, then goes hot again, etc. The boiler clunks off and on again.

Its been cleaned, including the fan and venturi, and the thermistor has also been replaced. This has not fixed the problem.

Oddly, the problem does not really seem to occur if the heating is on too - it is possible to get a hot shower then!

Any ideas?

Hi can you tell me if you solved the problem and point me in the right direction having the same problems Changed the thermistor cleaned the bottom heat exchange out

Sponsored Links
usually it would be the plate heat exchanger.

But it can also be a miss setting of the gas valve which we don't discus on this forum.

Tony

Two completely different problems first OP was in Glasgow soft water area second OP may be in a hard water area dont hijack someone elses post , put a fresh post on with your fault to get best advice

Flushed heat exchange out seems clean . If you flush water through it should it come out of the other three holes at the same time ? Because my goes to other end first then to the one oppersite hole . The plate is getting very hot but boiler is still going on and off .

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back