Vokera Maxin cutting out

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a Vokera Maxin 28e combi boiler which as taken to cutting out occasionally. Most frequently happens when both heating and hot water are in use but not always. We have to relight by pressing the ignition button. The boiler was moved a couple of years ago when we had the house extended and the problem has developed since then but got really bad more recently. Any ideas what might be causing the problem? Hope to be able to point an engineer in the right direction before they have the shirt off my back!

Sponsored Links
Bonytony said:
I have a Vokera Maxin 28e combi boiler which as taken to cutting out occasionally. Most frequently happens when both heating and hot water are in use but not always. We have to relight by pressing the ignition button. The boiler was moved a couple of years ago when we had the house extended and the problem has developed since then but got really bad more recently. Any ideas what might be causing the problem? Hope to be able to point an engineer in the right direction before they have the shirt off my back!

It can be lots of things that cause it.

possible causes are: (in order of probabilty)

1, ignition control module
2, heat exchanger/fan/venturi dirty
3, gas pressures incorrect (high/low/softlight)
4, burner not cross lighting
5, overheating
6, gas valve sticking
7, flame sensing electrode
8, pcb

I wouldn't be trying to point him in the right direction too soon. You might get his back up.

Personally i hate customers who diagnose the fault for me cos they have seen it on the net.

There is no substitute for being in front of the boiler.

However if he tells you its knackerd and you need a new boiler, thats when the alarm bells should be ringing.

When was it last serviced properly?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back