Vokera Maxin 24/28E

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I have a Vokera Maxin 24/28E boiler, sorry can't be more specific. I have recently been having problems with a grumbling noise in the pipes which i put down to air in the system. I have bled all the radiators and then attempted to programme the clock which i'd never done since moving in! Ever since then i have not been able to get any hot water and the pilot light doesn't seem to ignite.

No matter what i do now on the control panel the boiler doesn't seem to respond and bacuase of which i have no hot water or heating. I have little experience on these matters and just wanted to know if i am doing something stupid and why i can't re-ignite the pilot light??!!

Thanks

Sponsored Links
The "E" means electreonic ignition - they don't have a pilot light. ;)

What's the system pressure??

oops, ok i see! There is a sight glass which should have a flame but there is no sign of it?

i can increase the pressure of the system with the valve below the boiler, i believe 1 - 1.5 bar is normal but this makes no difference?

Tried putting your clock on constant or override? Does anything happen when you expect the boiler to fire, clicks, whirring etc or is it all dead?

Sponsored Links
yes, no matter what setting the clock is at (override or constant) the boiler doesn't seem to respond with any sound or ignition. Its got me stumped although i'm probably missing something relatively obvious!

Has it got a back up battery? As when i switch off the electricity supply to it the clock stays on. i thought the old addage of switching it off and on to clear its memory might be worth a try?

tried simple stuff like checking fused isolator near boiler. Have you any lights etc on boiler at all?

The clock and display is on, the orange light (lockout reset button) doesn't light up at any time nor is there a flame through the sight glass.

The clock and display often have a battery back up which would keep this on when you turn off the power. Try replacing the fuse in the fused outlet (only a 3 amp) The grumbling noise could have been the pump or fan bearings going and now they have gone boiler is blowing fuses. I think expert help/visit could be required if fuses keep blowing.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back