Vokera Maxin 28e combo boiler problems

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello. Im having a problem with my Vokera Maxin 28e Combo boiler. Quite often recently we are getting no hot water and no central heating.

Its especially if it hasnt been on for a while and its cold. We turn on a hot tap and sometimes it will work fine. But sometimes the boiler dont ignite at all. I can hear the pump and fan come on but no ignition at all, and this has recently been happening alot.

Its the same with central heating. When i put it on using the override switch on the boiler i can hear the pump and fan come on but no ignition. I leave it on for 10 minutes hoping it will ignite but most of the time it doesent. I also hear these clicks in the boiler every 10 seconds or so when we are trying to get hot water or heating.

In the past this has happened the light on the boiler would light up, and after pushing it it would re-ignite. But now the light dont come on at all, pushing it does nothing anymore and sometimes we are without heating or hot water for hours.

Ive also tried resetting the digital timer, the pressure is at 1bar at cold and ive tried turning the plug off and back on but nothing seems to make any difference. It just seems to work when it feels like it, but recently its getting worse.

Also when we tried the central heating today it didnt ignite again. After leaving it on for 10 minutes it ignited for about 5 seconds then went off again. We havent been able to get it back since yet.

I would appreciate any help possible, i hear its going to be cold the next few days :(

Sponsored Links
i would say air pressure problems or perhaps the ignition pcb. either way you will need to get someone to look at it, probably not something you will get resolved on the interweb.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back