Vokera Mynute 28e - red flashing 07 - please help!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Please help! Kids and wife going crazy.

Just last night my Vokera Mynute 28e (non-condensing) boiler just cut out and started flashing a red 07 fault code.
I reset the unit, checked the pressure (which was at 1.5 bar) and turned it back on - it came on for about 2 minutes but then cut out again, 07 flashing again.
As of this morning its doing the same thing - no hot water, no heating (but plenty of heat from the missus).

I've looked around on this forum and in the manual and both suggest that it could be the Thermistor.

I'm a total newbie, but really want to try and learn this stuff and do the replacement myself if possible or call someone out. Could someone talk me through it please?

ie do i need to turn the water mains off? How do i drain the boiler? Is the primary (combustion chamber) thermistor and the one on the side of the heat exchanger the SAME part??

Please help! Cheers W.

Sponsored Links
I found this earlier in the forum but its for the Vokera Mynute 35e - not sure if its the same setup.

"07 is the thermistor.

top right side of heat exchanger, drain the boiler and remove with a long 13mm socket, new one in with new washer, refill, test, robert is your mothers brother."

Sounds good.
I've got a new thermistor now but unsure on draining etc.

Sorry but you wont get the advice you are asking for on here as it involves disturbing the combustion chamber seal which you are not allowed to do and it is against the site rules for us to advise you how to, all I can tell you is that yes it is your primary thermistor that is at fault very common fault on this boiler

Sponsored Links
Many thanks Ianmcd,

I had a feeling that may be the case.
No worries - i'll get straight onto the professionals :)

....at least i've got the thermistor already and i was kinda along the right track.

Thanks again.
W.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back