vokera synegi 28e - constant intermittent d1 code

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
This boiler has been the bane of my life since it was first installed in 2005. Recently it has been the D1 code. Engineers have replaced the condencing trap, sensor, pipe, main heat exchanger, gas valve, and also a very big expensive part (£700) which is another type of heat exchanger located above the main heat exchanger which attaches to the fan assembly, it has also had some kind of switch located on top of the fan assembly, all in the space of 3 months!

The D1 code is STILL coming on however the boiler will run and the fault is intermittent, it seems to fail when the boiler thermostat is set on the lowest setting, it resets ok, and once the temp on the boiler dial is turned up it keeps going.

But despite all the repairs (covered by the boiler insurance) it still fails, and the engineer is stumped now. Any ideas? Never again would I have one of these boilers, not even as a gift!

VERY VERY frustrated, stressed, and tired from repeated visits from engineers that never cure the problem, they are also Vokera agents! :evil:

Sponsored Links
Synergi is an utterly ****e boiler. Most D1's I came across were due to the blocked pipe or the condensate level switch. Both have been replaced but often the switch would trip a D1 from new and intermittently thereafter.

But why would it be that it continually trips out? a new switch shouldnt do that? Ive had a new switch too.

The bolier people said they will replace the pcb board as there is nothing else itcould be now they have replaced everything.

The strange thing is that it doesnt trip out to d1 unless i turn the boiler temp right down, why would it only do that on a low temperature please?

Sponsored Links
Who knows.....it's a nasty boiler and the "switch" is nothing more than a horribly cheap earthing device.....the merest hint of moisture will set them off.

I honestly don't remember having to replace the PCB for a fault like this but it's entirely feasible. I certainly would have tried that before the heat exchangers.....nothing ever goes wrong with them but leaks.

Let's be honest your engineer has been stumped since he got there and I don't blame him really.....it's one of those boilers/faults that you know will recall again and again.

yeah i agree, well we are going to give it a go, it is covered by the insurance so nothing to loose, if not it will be new boiler time! To be honest this boiler has been a nightmare from day one, i will take off the new parts and sell them on ebay, then have a sacrificial burning of the casing! Horrible horrible boilers.

I know what you mean about the sensor, its just a piece of wire basically, that has been replaced too. To be honest, i am a single female but have learned alot about boilers and central heating through this nightmare!

Always good to have a bit of knowledge on your heating even if you don't plan on doing anything to it yourself.

If it's new boiler time make sure you get some comparisons and 3rd party advice on what is currently good. Maybe come on here and start the usual ****-storm of what is a good boiler. :LOL:

Good luck with PCB.

I had the same problem once with one of these.

Thankfully I only changed the the burner thermostat before being advised to check the burner pressures. Minimum burner pressure was slightly out so adjusted it. These are very detrimental on this **** boiler. Worked fine after these set correctly.

Ask the engineer to check them, although the fact he changed the heat exchange doesnt instill me with much confidence !

Ask the engineer to check them, although the fact he changed the heat exchange doesnt instill me with much confidence !

Its an insurance based cover firm.

Don't expect them to have any diagnostic skills there!

The Synergi is a boiler which can vary the flue flow through the heat exchanger. It has a differential air pressure switch (PAD) rather than an ON/OFF and a modulating fan to keep the air/fuel mix optimal. The burner pressure is very important and needs to be set carefully. Many engineers do not understand how to do this correctly amongst other things.

If you're with Domestic and General ask them to get a Vokera engineer out. If you are not ask them to pay for a fixed price repair from Vokera at around £230 which covers parts up to £450

Thank you. I will ask the engineer to check this burner pressure, I have all the manuals to go with the boiler which tells you step by step how to check it. The heating company actually do work for Vokera, so they should know what they are doing. all the work has been covered by the boiler cover (not domestic and general) but to be honest, I have lost complete confidence in this boiler, and it being 10 years old I feel I should get a new one, I cringe everytime I walk in the kitchen incase I see the "red error light". I lie in bed listening to see if the boiler has stopped working. Its been like this for about the past 5 years for one thing or another, and I really have had enough. They want to change the PC board next (no charge to me) so I will wait for them to do that, AND check the burner pressure. If that doesn't work then its new boiler time. Vokera boilers are just too unreliable.

I work for Vokera. Tell the engineer to ring Service Manager South when setting them up if he doesn't know the procedure. There are wrinkles to know not in the book. I ask about D&G because they simply phone us up to look after the boilers under their policies. I'd bet a pound to a penny it isn't set up right. Ask yourself, after all those parts it still fails, whether the diagnosis is reliable.

oh I absolutely agree with you, I don't think they have diagnosed this right, but they have replaced everything that a D1 code could throw up except the PCB board. I am writing all this down, and before they send the engineer out for the 7th time this year, I will ring his manager and ask. The manager of this firm has been liaising with Vokera and even they are stumped. The firm my insurance use is Heatserve based in Wolverhampton.

The boiler itself is working at the moment, ive got it running at a high temp setting, it seems to cut out when the boiler starts up on a low temp setting for some reason. but as I say, this boiler has been a bad one from the start.

Do you have a direct number for the Service manager south for him to ring him please? Many thanks for your help.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back